ABOUT THE MATCH
The 21st match of Super Smash 2019-20 is scheduled between Auckland vs Central Stags on 4th January. The match is going to be held at Eden Park Outer Oval, Auckland, New Zealand, and the live telecast will begin from 4:10 PM (local time).
This is the first head-to-head match for both the teams this season. This clash is between a team in the 4th position and the other in the 3rd position on the points table. Auckland won 2 matches out of 7 games. Central Stags are in the top 3 with 3 wins out of 7 matches. If they win this upcoming match, they will be in the top 2.
Matches played in this ground last season were won by the side bowling first. From then on, the pitch has remained the same, so as per the trend toss winning team is expected to opt to bowl first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
There is no chance of rain but the wind will trouble bowlers. It’s a good batting pitch and there is a chance of 150+ scores from both the teams.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUCKLAND ACES
Martin Guptill, Ben Horne (wk), Craig Cachopa (c), Robert O’Donnell, Sean Solia, Ronnie Hira, Benjamin Lister, Mitchell McClenaghan, Colin Munro, Mark Chapman, Corey Anderson.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF CENTRAL STAGS
Dane Cleaver (wk), Christian Leopard, Tom Bruce (c), Kieran Noema-Barnett, Josh Clarkson, George Worker, Willem Ludick, Ben Wheeler, Ryan Watson, Ajaz Patel, Blair Tickner.
MATCH PREVIEW | SUPER SMASH 2019-20
- Martin Guptill, this big-hitting opener, is in top form with scores of 43, 42 and 83* in his last three matches. He hit six fours and five sixes in his 52-ball unbeaten innings last time out.
- Colin Munro got back to his big-hitting form. If he and Guptill fire, Auckland could post a big score.
- Mitchell McClenaghan, the left-arm paceman, is doing well in the T20 circuit.
- Tom Bruce scored his second half-century of this year’s tournament. He now has 241 runs in seven innings.
- Kieran Noema-Barnett has taken ten wickets so far with his medium-pace bowling. He hit two half-centuries in his last three innings.
- George Worker, the left-handed opener, scored the 15th T20 half-century of his career when these teams met the last time.
THE PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
If one considers previous performances, Auckland had more wins compared to Central Stags. But we are going in favor of Auckland.
Click here for Dream 11 Fantasy Picks.