Asia Cup 2022 Team India’s Strengths and Weaknesses: Asia Cup 2022 is just around the corner and the preparations are on. The teams have reached the UAE where the tournament is set to take place.
In this article, we will discuss how Team India is likely to perform, analyze its strengths and weakness, and its possibility of winning the cup.
India has won most of its series in the past year and the team looks in formidable form. They are one of the best in the business and are trying to ensure that the world knows it. The bigger tournament hasn’t been India’s forte in past but their history of being the most successful team in Asia Cup history speaks for itself and they would want to continue the legacy.
India has players performing for it at every position. In the top order, we have KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma, and Surya Kumar Yadav, who are all playing fantastic cricket. Apart from them, there are high hopes for Rishabh Pant and Hardik Pandya. The team’s strongest strength will come from the fact that even the all-rounders are rescuing games.
Due to the large number of IPL matches that have been played there over the past several years, the UAE, the host of Asia Cup 2022, is now considered by Indian players to be a second home. The players are well-prepared for the UAE’s field and general environment, which will aid in their ability to adapt and avoid being constrained by it.
Virat Kohli is among the names generating the most interest because of his recent underwhelming performance. No one can dispute his significant contribution to the club, but if he underperforms despite being selected for the starting XI, the squad will suffer a significant loss.
Rohit Sharma as a captain has experience in leading the team to the Asia Cup victory in 2018. He has proven his worth by winning all the series he has led the team in this year. What he has to offer when it comes to leading the side that has a fair amount of youngsters will be something to look forward to. Their chances of winning the tournament are very high.
Team India’s Strengths and Weaknesses
- India’s batting lineup cannot be question at any point. With names like KL, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Surya Kumar Yadav and Pant, we know they are the best in the business and can turn the game anytime.
- A confident bowling lineup- Even after missing Bumrah, India pace attack will be led by Bhuvneshwar Kumar and spin attack by Yuzvendra Chahal who are amongst the best in T20 cricket.
- As said earlier, in past few years, India has played a lot of cricket in the UAE and playing there will not be a big challenge for the team.
- India has a solid bench which no one can deny. Even the reserve players are hungry to prove themselves and it will give them confidence to perform better.
- If Virat Kohli doesn’t perform even after being backed to be in playing XI, it will be a big loss for India.
- There are days India’s middle order can bring storm or on others they would just flunk. There is rarely a middle ground. This is something they would want to work on against a power-packed bowling lineup like Pakistan’s.
- India even after being the giants of the game has not won many ICC trophies. They start tournaments as favorites but there is a sense of overconfidence in the team that pulls them down when put against a strong team. They should keep that in check.
Matchup Reviews: Predicted Wins and Losses for Asia Cup 2022:
|2. 31 Aug 22||League||Hongkong||Win|
India’s first match is against the other strongest team of the tournament, Pakistan. If they overcome this challenge it is predicted they meet again for the finals. India has its weakness but in the leadership of Rohit Sharma, a captain who has been so consistent with his skills in the middle, we can totally rely on him that the team will do good. The cup should be a dress rehearsal for the T20 World Cup 2022 to be held in Australia and how the team performs here will fetch momentum to the biggest tournament.