The in-form Australian setup is ready to take on England in the 3rd Test of Ashes 2021-22 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne, Australia on 26th December 2021. Currently, Australia is leading the series with 2-0 and England is still struggling to find their form back. Let’s get into some more details of the game.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI:
Australia Predicted XI:
David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Jhye Richardson
England Predicted XI:
Rory Burns, Haseeb Hameed, Dawid Malan, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Ollie Robinson, Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Mark Wood.
- Josh Hazlewood will miss out because of injury.
Note: Get the updates here if any, well before the play begins.
PREVIEW – AUS vs ENG
- Australian players have performed really well so far in the series and the best thing for the side is – If one player fails to perform one or the other player fills his gap.
- They are in red hot form and they will definitely look to continue this golden form.
- Key players for the side are Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, and Pat Cummins
- England is currently struggling a lot in Australian Pitches – Their star players have failed to perform for their side in this series so far.
- They will definitely look to revise the plan for the 3rd Test and they will come back stronger.
- Joe Root, Ben Stokes, and Mark Wood are the key players for England.
WEATHER AND PITCH REPORT:
The weather conditions in Melbourne will be sunny for all 5 days of play and the temperature will be around 28.
And the surface at the Melbourne Cricket Ground is Flat and it has produced a lot of success for pacers. We can expect some flying wickets in this game.
HEAD-TO-HEAD Battle: Ashes 2021-22: AUS vs ENG
- Total Tests Played: 353
- Australia Won: 148
- England Won: 110
- Draw: 95
- Tie: 0
Australia vs England, MATCH PREDICTION – WHO WILL WIN THIS GAME?
Looking at the current form – Australia will be the favorites to win this Test. But we never know what England camp is planning for the Hosts.
**DISCLAIMER: Please note that our Match predictions are based on our analysis and they do not guarantee positive results**