AFG vs WI ICC WC 2019 | Afghanistan vs West Indies 42nd ODI ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Preview
- A good bowling performance against India and then Bangladesh would have given it some hope going into the match against West Indies. On both occasions, there were some real opportunities for it to try and get a win under its belt, but the batting was not up to the mark.
- It also seems that the Afghan players are more comfortable playing against their Asian opponents than some of the other teams they have come across. Afghanistan pushed Sri Lanka to the edge, had India on the ropes, and gave Bangladesh a scare as well.
- West Indies batting is shaky, and Afghanistan must believe that it can cause it to crumble.
- The batting for Afghanistan has been an absolute disaster.
- West Indies started their campaign in a terrific manner, beating Pakistan rather single-handedly, and were being tipped as a potential surprise package thereafter. Also, their win over New Zealand in the warm-ups highlighted their batting prowess wherein they racked up 421 runs batting first.
- Since their first win, however, they’ve struggled to finish off games despite coming into pretty decent positions. They looked well settled to emerge on top against Australia and were left heartbroken in their last over defeat to New Zealand.
- Just like Sri Lanka, their bowling has done reasonably well, albeit not as good in death overs, but their batting has struggled to close out games for them.
- West Indies, just like Afghanistan, are going through a rebuilding phase and most of their players do not have much experience of playing in England.
- Their bowling has done well so far, but their batting has cracked under pressure way too often in the tournament.
Headingley Cricket Ground, known for sponsorship reasons as Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground, is a cricket ground in the Headingley Stadium complex in Leeds, England.
Afghanistan Cricket Final Squad List For ICC World Cup 2019
[table “3” not found /]
West Indies Final Squad List For ICC World Cup 2019
[table “9” not found /]
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Afghanistan
Rahmat Shah, Gulbadin Naib (c), Hashmatullah Shahidi, Ikram Ali Khil (wk), Asghar Afghan, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Samiullah Shinwari, Rashid Khan, Dawlat Zadran, Mujeeb Ur Rahman.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF West Indies
Chris Gayle, Sunil Ambris, Shai Hope, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran, Jason Holder, Carlos Brathwaite, Fabian Allen, Sheldon Cottrell, Oshane Thomas, Kemar Roach
Afghanistan VS West Indies HEAD TO HEAD
Overall Matches: 5
- Afghanistan Won: 3
- West Indies Won: 1
- Tied: 0
- No Result: 1
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES | AFG VS WI – 42ND ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019
- Afghanistan: L,L,L,L,L
- West Indies: L,L,L,L,L
Key Players to watch in Afghanistan Team for ICC World Cup 2019
- Mohammad Nabi
- Rashid Khan
- Gulbadin Naib
- Mohammad Shahzad
Key Players to watch in West Indies Team for ICC World Cup 2019
- Jason Holder
- Carlos Brathwaite
- Chris Gayle
- Darren Bravo
AFG VS WI – 42nd ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019
- Match: Match 42
- Event: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
- Date: Thu 4,
- Venue: Headingley Cricket Ground
Matched Content Ad