ABOUT THE MATCH
Afganistan had started the three ODI series on a positive note by winning the first match against Ireland by 11 runs (DLS method – due to rain).
Rashid Khan took the man of the match award, successfully keeping Ireland’s run rate in check as he finished with 3-22 from his four overs.
The team that wins the toss most probably will choose to bat first, and the toss winning team will look to score huge runs and will keep the opponents under pressure with a target.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
- In the first T20I match, Afganistan registered their first win, but it wasn’t wholly their best.
- The main highlight of the game was Rashid Khan, who picked three wickets by leaking 22 runs in his four overs.
- In the batting unit, top order didn’t produce high scores, but Najibullah Zadran’s unbeaten 42 down the law then further help seal the game for the team while chasing a target of 173.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AFGANISTAN
Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Karim Janat, Asghar Afghan (C), Samiullah Shinwari, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Gulbadin Naib, Rashid Khan, Shapoor Zadran, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- Ireland had given an excellent start in the last game and ended up with a below-par score.
- At the time of batting, Ireland had scored 111-1 in 12 overs if it goes in the right way. They would set 150+ runs as a target.
- The experienced batsman Paul Stirling and Kevin O Brien had put a partnership of 90 runs.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF IRELAND
Paul Stirling, Kevin O’Brien, Andrew Balbirnie (C), Gareth Delany, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker (wk), Simi Singh, George Dockrell, Craig Young, Boyd Rankin, Joshua Little
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall Matches – 16
- AFGANISTAN WON – 13
- IRELAND WON – 3
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
AFGANISTAN WON – W W W L L
IRELAND WON – L L NR W W
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
AFGANISTAN –Hazratullah Zazai
IRELAND – Paul Stirling
Live TV – RTA Sports
Live streaming – rtasports.live
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
Afghanistan opened the series with victory and are firm favorites to make it two from two given their stunning winning streak in the format against Ireland.