The 27th fixture of ICC Men’s T20 World Cup is scheduled between Afghanistan and Namibia on 31st OCT at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi, 03:30 PM IST. Here are AFG Vs NAM Match Predictions.
AFG Vs NAM MATCH PREDICTIONS: PREVIEW
- Currently, Afghanistan is standing at the 2nd position with 1 win out of 2 games and with an NRR of +3.092.
- Afghanistan has lost their recent game against Pakistan by 5 wickets.
- Afghanistan’s leading run-scorer is Najibullah Zadran, who has 81 runs with a strike rate of 147. He’s hit 8 fours and 4 sixes.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz has also batted with a strike rate of 127, scoring 56 runs.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman has been Afghanistan’s top bowler, taking 6 wickets with an avg of 5 and an economy rate of 4.25.
- Namibia is standing at the 2nd position with 1 win out of 1 game and with an NRR of +0.550.
- They have won their last game against Scotland by 4 wickets.
- David Wiese is Namibia’s leading run-scorer, with 116 runs at a strike rate of 154. He has hammered 5 fours and 8 sixes.
- MG Erasmus has also hit 109 runs at a strike rate of 113.
- JN Frylinck has been Namibia’s finest bowler, picking up 7 wickets while bowling at an avg of 12 and an economy rate of 6.22.
The temperature in Abu Dhabi will be around 34 degrees. As a result, players may suffer from the heat on the field.
The field in Abu Dhabi hasn’t been optimal for batting. As a result, a high-scoring match is unlikely. The pitch has benefited the side, who batted second, and chasing could be the first option in both minds.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI:
Afghanistan Predicted XI:
Hazratullah Zazai, Mohammad Shahzad (wk), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi (c), Asghar Afghan, Gulbadin Naib, Rashid Khan, Karim Janat, Naveen-ul-Haq, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Namibia Predicted XI:
Craig Williams, Zane Green (wk), Gerhard Erasmus (c), David Wiese, Michael van Lingen, JJ Smit, Jan Frylinck, Pikky Ya France, Jan Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Ruben Trumpelmann, Bernard Scholtz
WHAT DO STATS SAY ABOUT AFG Vs NAM?
Namibia’s greatest chance is to score runs and exploit Afghanistan’s relatively steady pace attack. They also have the benefit of experience with the conditions, despite playing 3 games here. After the five-wicket loss against Pakistan, Captain Nabi claims that the team’s morale is strong going into their 3rd match.
Who Will Win This Game?
Afghanistan has a high chance of winning this match. Whereas, Namibia is capable of putting a tough score on the board for the opponents.
**DISCLAIMER: Please note that our Match predictions are based on our analysis and they do not guarantee positive results**