ABOUT THE MATCH
Adelaide Strikers and Perth Scorchers will face each other in the 1st semi-final of WBBL2019. The match is set to take place on December 7th at Allan Border Field, Brisbane.
Being the table-toppers, Adelaide Strikers won back-to-back six matches and registered their place in play-offs. They lost their last match against Sydney Sixers and missed the top spot.
Meanwhile, Perth Scorchers were placed third in the points table with nine wins so far in the tournament. They won their last match against Hobart Hurricanes by 35 runs and are likely to move with the same intent into playoffs too.
As the Allan Border Field supports bowlers, the team winning the toss is likely to bowl first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at the Allan Border Field is likely to favor slower bowlers as only low scores were witnessed here for the batting side.
The weather is likely to be hot, clear and sunny throughout the match with temperatures at 30 degrees Celsius and zero chances of rain.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Adelaide Strikers WOMEN
Suzie Bates (c), Sophie Devine, Tahlia McGrath, Bridget Patterson, Katie Mack, Tegan McPharlin (wk), Amanda-Jade Wellington, Darcie Brown, Sarah Coyte, Alex Price, Megan Schutt
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Perth Scorchers WOMEN
Meg Lanning (c), Nicole Bolton, Kim Garth, Georgia Redmayne (wk), Chloe Piparo, Heather Graham, Mathilda Carmichael, Kath Hempenstall, Jemma Barsby, Taneale Peschel, Samantha Betts
Adelaide Strikers WOMEN
- Adelaide Strikers’ has won back-to-back six matches this season and occupied the second position on the table.
- Despite Devine hitting 60 from 38 balls, Strikers failed to chase a winning score of 178 and lost by 35 runs.
- Lauren Winfield will be missed during the play-offs due to England commitments and even Stafanie Taylor, who was her replacement, is unavailable due to injury.
- However, Darcie Brown is set to replace her while Alex Price might join the team as she was unavailable in the last match.
Perth Scorchers WOMEN
- Perth Scorchers beat Hobart Hurricanes in the last match by 35 runs.
- It was Meg Lanning’s 101 that made helped them win over Hurricanes in the final group stage game.
- Even in the previous game against Sydney Sixers, Lanning hit 82 as they chased 165 to claim the victory.
- Scorchers will be going without the England pair Amy Jones and Nat Sciver to the play-offs.
- Kim Garth has been pushed up in the batting line-up and Mathilda Carmichael and Kath Hempenstall joined the team.
- Scorchers are set to go with the current line-up for the 1st semi-final clash.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Being one of the top teams in the group stage, Adelaide Strikers is likely to beat Scorchers in the 1st semi-finals of WBBL 2019.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.