After a dominating 2-1 win against the Sri Lankans, the Rahul Dravid-led Indians will battle them in a 3-match T20I series. The Sri Lankans failed to get hold of the second-tier Indian side in the first two ODIs. However, they clinched a consolation game in the 3rd ODI. The T20I series is scheduled to begin on 25th July. This will be India’s final T20I series before the upcoming T20I World Cup. Every youngster will be eager to make a strong statement in the series in the hope to fix their place in the World Cup squad. Nine interesting facts about IND VS SL T20I Series
1) India and Sri Lanka have faced each other 19 times in the T20I format. Out of which, the Indians have won 13 games and the Sri Lankans have found success in just 5.
2) Sri Lanka has not won a single T20I series against India. Both the teams have indulged in 4 T20I series so far in their history, out of which the Men in Blue have won 3 and the remaining 1 ended in a draw.
3) India will be without their two prime batsmen, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma in the upcoming series. This will be the first time since 2016 that India will feature in a T20I game without Kohli and Rohit both.
4) Hardik Pandya is only 9 shy of clinching 50 wickets in the T20I format.
5) Hardik Pandya is just 26 runs short to become the first Indian player to score 500 runs and take 40 wickets in T20Is
6) Indian pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar needs 5 wickets to reach the 50-wicket milestone in the T20I format. He will target to achieve the milestone in the upcoming series. Bhuvi requires only 1 wicket to complete 250 wickets in International cricket.
7) Shikhar Dhawan will become the oldest Indian cricketer (35 years, 232 days) to captain a side in T20I cricket.
8) Dushmantha Chameera is just 7 wickets short to reach the 100-wicket milestone in International cricket.
9) At the age of 21 Years and 258 days, Prithvi Shaw is set to become the youngest Indian batsmen to open in all three formats of the game.
These were nine interesting facts about IND VS SL T20I Series