ABOUT THE MATCH
The ICC Under 19 World Cup 2020 third-place playoff is scheduled between Pakistan U19 vs New Zealand U19. The match will take place at Willowmoore Park, Benoni on February 8. The live telecast will begin from 1:30 PM / 08:00 AMGMT / 10:00 AM LOCAL.
This is going to be the first face-off match for both the teams, Pakistan U19 is hereafter losing a 10 wicket match against India U19. New Zealand U19 is going to step in this match after losing a match against Bangladesh U19.
Pakistan U19 is settled at the second position in group-c with 2 wins off 3 matches, whereas New Zealand U19 is spotted at next to India U19 in the group – A with 1 win off 3 matches.
22 matches were played In ODI format in which bowling first side had won the match. So, as per the trend, the toss winning team will likely choose to bowl first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This is a neutral pitch, and it will favor pacer bowler and batsman. Spinners also will get support on this pitch. Due to the small ground, we can expect a huge score from both the teams.
- In the previous match with India U19, the opener batsman Haider Ali had given a good start by scoring 56 runs off 77 balls.
- After Ali, Rohail Nazir who came to bat at number four had scored 62 runs in 102 deliveries.
- Mohammad Haris looked good for his 21 runs in 15 balls.
- Except these three no player had managed to score double-digit runs.
- Coming to bowling unit no player had taken a wicket.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF PAKISTAN U19
Haider Ali, Muhammad Huraira, Rohail Nazir (C & WK), Fahad Munir, Qasim Akram, Mohammad Haris, Irfan Khan, Abbas Afridi, Tahir Hussain, Aamir Ali, Mohammad Amir Khan/Arish Ali Khan.
New Zealand U19
- In the Previous match, New Zealand U19 lost a match against Bangladesh U19 by 6 wickets.
- In that openers, Rhys Mariu and Ollie White haven’t performed well.
- Fergus Lellman and Nicholas Lidstone had impressed with their 24 and 44 runs respectively.
- Beckham Wheeler-Greenall is the only player to score 75 runs in 83 balls.
- In the bowling unit Joey Field and Beckham Wheeler-Greenall, every bowler had picked 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF NEW ZEALAND U19
Rhys Mariu, Ollie White, Fergus Lellman, Nicholas Lidstone, Beckham Wheeler-Greenall, Jesse Tashkoff (C), Quinn Sunde (WK), Adithya Ashok, David Hancock, Kristian Clarke, Joe Field
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall Matches – 4
- Pakistan U19 Won – 3
- New Zealand Won – 1
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
- Pakistan U19 – NR W W L L
- New Zealand U19 – W W W L L
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
- PAKISTAN U19 – Mohammad Amir Khan, Mohammad Haris, Tahir Hussain
- NEW ZEALAND U19 – Kristian Clarke, Rhys Mariu, Joey Field
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
Pakistan U19 is a clear favorite and New Zealand has to concentrate more on both batting and bowling units. If all goes well, New Zealand U19 has some chances to win the match.