ABOUT THE MATCH
India will play against New Zealand in their first T20I match, which is scheduled on January 24th, 2020 at Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand.
Currently, Team India is in full form after defeating top teams like South Africa, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, West Indies and Australia across all formats. Now their next assignment is the toughest. It is a long tour of New Zealand. Now, they need to show their potential in this series.
On the other hand, New Zealand in their last series had thumped England 2-1 in an ODI series. Currently, they will be missing their key players for some matches due to injuries. Their absence can prove costly for the team to beat such a strong international side like India.
Team Preview | IND vs NZ:
- In their previous match with Australia, the opener Tom Latham scored 49 runs off 133 balls with 4 boundaries.
- Glenn Phillips, the middle-order batsman, scored 52 runs off 115 balls with 6 boundaries and a six.
- Tom Blundell and Jeet Raval looked good for their 30+ runs.
- Ross Taylor, Colin de Grandhomme, and Todd Astle struggled to score 20+ runs.
- In the bowling unit, Colin de Grandhomme and Neil Wagner had clinched 3 wickets each.
- Todd Astle bagged 2 wickets while Matt Henry and William Somerville picked 1 wicket each by leaking 90+ runs.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF New Zealand
Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Kane Williamson (C), Ross Taylor, Tim Seifert, Scott Kuggeleijn, Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Daryl Mitchell.
- In the last ODI match against Australia, the Hitman of India scored a massive 119 off 128 balls with 8 boundaries and 6 sixes.
- Virat Kohli the team India captain, scored 89 runs off 91 balls with 8 boundaries.
- Shreyas Iyer had just missed his half-century by 6 runs, scoring 44 runs off 35 balls with 6 boundaries and a six.
- In the bowling unit, Mohammed Shami was the star performer of the team as he clinched 4 wickets.
- Ravindra Jadeja had picked up 2 wickets while Navdeep Saini and Kuldeep Yadav took 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF India
Rohit Sharma, Kl Rahul, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Navdeep Saini, Jasprit Bumrah
Team And Player Performance Analysis: IND vs NZ
Top Order Analysis:
- Indian top-order looks great with Virat Kohli standing tall with an impressive strike rate of 174.11.
- And coming to the New Zealand setup, Martin Guptill has a good strike rate of 162.39 in his last 5 matches.
- Indian team’s main strength is its top order; if India loses some early wickets, it could spell trouble for them.
Middle Order Analysis:
- In the middle order, New Zealand has an upper hand over India.
- New Zealand all-rounder Colin de Grandhomme has an impressive strike rate of 175.9 in his last 5 matches. On the other hand, the Indian middle-order looks quite fragile.
- We need to admit that the middle-order is crucial and needs to play a vital role in a team’s win.
Top and Middle Order Analysis:
- If we have a look at both India and New Zealand’s top and middle-order average runs. Visually, we can see India does have a clear upper hand over the Black Caps.
- While coming to New Zealand’s middle-order, it has a strong pack of players.
- We can see it is pretty balanced.
- Coming to the bowling analysis, Kuldeep Yadav is the best performer from the Indian side with 8 wickets in the last 5 matches with an impressive economy rate of 7.4.
- From the New Zealand team, Mitchell Santner performed impressively in his last 5 T20I matches by picking up 11 wicks with an impressive economy rate of 7.05.
Click Here To Know The Live Score For India vs New Zealand.
IND vs NZ – This is a batting pitch, so the toss winning team will likely choose to bat first to set a huge score for the opposite team.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at Eden Park will favor batsman and we can expect a decent score on the board. Interestingly, according to the ground stats, the touring sides have won more matches than the home side here.
In this stadium, the ball will come on to the bat nicely and batsman will enjoy the short boundaries and bowlers will have to struggle.
- Total Match Played At Venue: 20
- Batting First Won: 9
- Batting Second Won 8
- Avg. Score in 1st innings 168
HEAD TO HEAD:
Overall Matches: 11
- India Won: 3
- New Zealand Won: 8
- Draw: 0
- No-Result: 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
India – Kl Rahul, Virat Kohli, Mohammed Shami
New Zealand – Kane Williamson (C), Martin Guptill, Mitchell Santner
Stats Mania – Venue:
- Name – Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Matches Played – 19
- Matches Won by Home Side – 7 (36.84%)
- Matches Won by Touring Side – 12 (63.16%)
- Matches Won by Neutral Side – 0 (0.00%)
- Matches Tied – 0 (0.00%)
- Matches with No Result – 0 (0.00%)
- Highest Individual Innings – 105 M Guptill (2017-2018 New Zealand v Australia)
- Best Bowling – 5/18 T G Southee (2010-2011 New Zealand v Pakistan)
- Highest Team Innings – 245/5 Australia 2017-2018 v New Zealand
- Lowest Team Innings – 107 New Zealand 2016-2017 v South Africa
- Highest Run Chase Achieved – 245/5 Australia 2017-2018 v New Zealand
- Average Runs per Wicket – 22.89
- Average Runs per Over – 8.64
- TV – Star Sports 1/HD, Star Sports 2/HD, Sky Sports
- Online– Hotstar, Jio TV, Airtel TV.
- Match Timings – 12:30 PM IST, 7:00 AM GMT.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM | IND vs NZ:
The 1st T20I between New Zealand and India looks pretty tough. Both the teams are well equipped in different ways and different departments. India has a good top order and New Zealand has a strong middle-order. The bowling attacks of both teams look equally strong. India is currently in great form while New Zealand has faced two consecutive losses in its last T20I games. However, India will remain favorites for this game. If New Zealand wants to win this match, they need to get the top order of India out to stand a clear chance of winning.
Click Here For Ind vs NZ Dream11 Predictions.