ABOUT THE MATCH
Lahore Qalandars won the five out of four matches, including the nine-wicket win over Multan Sultans in the last time out. In contrast, Karachi Kings lost their previous game against Quetta Gladiators by five wickets.
The second semi-final match will be played at Gaddafi Stadium – Lahore, Pakistan, on 17th March.
The side that wins the toss is expected to bat first on this track and set a big target to the scoreboard, and they put pressure on the opponents. With the stress and hype of a knockout game, no team would want to chase a target close to 200 runs.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Gaddafi Stadium has seen plenty of runs scored in this year’s Pakistan Super League. 180+ has been achieved here on ten occasions, which shows how good the pitch has been for batting. Expect another high-scoring thriller on Tuesday.
- Lahore Qalandars are hereafter defeating Multan Sultan in the previous match by nine wickets, Shaheen Afridi and Mohammad Hafeez delivered impressive performances with the new-ball.
- The big positive of the previous match was Chris Lynn, who is back into the form after scoring 113 runs, and that was their must-win match.
- Fakhar Zaman looked well with his 57 runs in 35 balls with the help of seven boundaries and two sixes.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF LAHORE QALANDARS
Abid Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Sohail Akhtar (C), Ben Dunk (WK), Mohammad Hafeez, Samit Patel, Salman Irshad, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Raja Farzan, Dilbar Hussain
- This season, Babar Azam and Sharjeel Khan have scored 345 and 199 with averages of 49.28 and 24.87, respectively.
- Cameron Delport had done an excellent performance in the previous match by ending the innings with 67 runs off 44 balls with the help of five boundaries and two sixes.
- In the bowling unit, Mohammad Amir, Chris Jordan, and Umaid Asif will be looking to make crucial breakthroughs with the new ball.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF KARACHI KINGS
Babar Azam, Sharjeel Khan, Cameron Delport, Chadwick Walton (WK), Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim (C), Chris Jordan, Mohammad Amir, Waqas Maqsood, Umaid Asif, Usama Mir
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall Matches – 10
- LAHORE QALANDARS WON – 6
- KARACHI KINGS WON – 4
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
LAHORE QALANDARS – W L W W W
KARACHI KINGS – L W W L NR
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
LAHORE QALANDARS – Abid Ali
KARACHI KINGS – Babar Azam
TV channels – Dsport, Geo Super, PTV Sports, Cricketgateway, Hum TV, Willow TV, TA, Eleven Sports, Flow Sports, Sky Sport NZ
Live streaming – Cricketgateway
Match Timings – 19:30 IST, 19:00 local