Glenn Maxwell Ruled Out From South Africa Tour
Australia’s all-rounder player Glenn Maxwell’s wish of returning to the international cricket was shattered because of his injury. It was announced that he will be ruled out from Australia’s tour to South Africa this month as he is going to have surgery.
Australia will have three ODIs and three T20s against South Africa on this tour. The left-arm bowler D’Arcy Short will replace Maxwell.
Glenn Maxwell Injured
He got the injury during the end stage of BBL and to fix down his loose fragments of bone of the left elbow, he will go through arthroscopic surgery on Thursday. He is expected to be discharged between 6 to 8 weeks.
Maxwell took a break from Australia cricket in October as he needed some rest to deal with mental health issues. He had been selected in the ODI and T20 squads to play against the Proteas from February 22. But now Maxwell’s absence on the tour will be a stress for Australia.
Australia Eager To Welcome Him Back
Regarding the injury, the national selector Trevor Hohns said that they are very upset to lose Glenn this close to the tour. The Australian team is eager to have him back in national cricket in both 20 and 50 over formats after his summer break.
The pain Maxwell felt in the elbow during the end of BBL increased over the weekend and he needs the surgery immediately to sort out the situation, he added.
Maxwell said that he loves playing for Australia, he feels that it is the highest honor in cricket. He is an important middle-order player of the Australia team and also the fastest scorer in cricket.