ABOUT THE MATCH| CANTERBURY VS OTAGO VOLTS
The final elimination match of Ford Trophy 2019-20 is scheduled between Cantebury Kings vs Otago Volts. Game will be played at Hagley Oval,Christchurch, The live telecast will begin from 3:30 AM IST(Feb 13) / 10:00 PMGMT (Feb 12) / 11:00 AM LOCAL.
This will be the third face-off match for both teams in this trophy when these teams met first Canterbury had registered the win. In the second meeting at Hagley Oval, Christchurch Otago Volts had won the match.
Centrabury is spotted on second place with 5 wins of 10 matches whereas Otago Volts is sitting next to Centrabury with 5 wins off 10 matches.
The chasing side ended up being the winners on both occasions. So, most probably the side winning the toss will look to field to be on the safer side.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at this venue will favor for a batsman in the first half of the match after that batsman will get the chance to score huge runs to the scoreboard.
- After losing back to back matches Centrabury registered their win against Central Districts by 9 wickets in the last match.
- In the last match, the top order is so impressive opener Jack Boyle had given a good start with 51 runs of 64 deliveries.
- Chad Bowes who came along with opener had made a good knock of 114 runs of 94 balls.
- Stephen Murdoch the third batsman had scored 64 runs off 57 balls.
- In the bowling unit, Todd Astle had clinched 4 wickets by leaking 36 runs.
- Will Williams and Theo van Woerkom had picked 2 wickets each and Matt Henry had taken 1 wicket.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF CENTRABURY
Chad Bowes, Jack Boyle, Steve Murdoch, Andrew Ellis (C), Cameron Fletcher (WK), Ken Mcclure, Will Williams, Theo van Woerkom, ED Nuttall, Matt Henry, Todd Astle
- After back to back to back wins Otago Volts are going to enter into this match with confidence.
- The Otago had good batting line up we that we can hope another win for them.
- In the previous match Neil Broom had knock 104 runs in 111 balls, Josh Finnie the middle-order batsman has scored 69 runs off 55 balls.
- Michael Rippon had missed his half-century by 2 runs Mitch Renwick and Dale Phillips had looked good with their 33 and 26 runs respectively.
- In the bowling unit, Jacob Duffy had clinched 5 wickets, Whereas Jacob Duffy had bagged 3 wickets.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF OTAGO VOLTS
Nick Kelly, Hamish Rutherford, Neil Broom, Mitch Renwick (WK), Dean Foxcroft, Anaru Kitchen (C), Michael Rae, Michael Rippon, Josh Finnie, Nathan Smith, Jacob Duffy
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall Matches – 5
- Centrabury Kings Won – 2
- Otago Volts Won – 3
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
- Centrabury Kings – W L L L W
- Otago Volts – W L NR W W
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
Centrabury Kings– Chad Bowes, Andrew Ellis,
Otago Volts – Neil Broom, Jacob Duffy
- TV – TVNZ, Spark’s streaming platform
- ONLINE – Spark Sport
- Match Timings – 3:30 AM IST(Feb 13) / 10:00 PMGMT (Feb 12) / 11:00 AM LOCAL.