ABOUT THE MATCH
The 5th match of Women’s T20I Tri-Series in Australia is scheduled between Australia Women vs India Women and the match will be played at Junction Oval, Melbourne on February 8th. The live telecast will begin from 8:40 AM / 03:10 AMGMT / 02:10 PM LOCAL.
This is the second face-off match for both teams. Previously these teams met in the 3rd match at Manuka Oval, Canberra in that match – Australia Women registered their 4 wickets win.
The toss winning team will likely choose to bowl first as they will look to restrict the opponents from scoring huge – And this has been the mode of success in this series so far.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This pitch is well balanced for both batsmen as well as for bowlers. The bowlers will get some swing due to windy conditions and the batsman will look to start taking charge at the early stage of the match. The weather for the match is expected to be cool and clear.
- Australia Women is entering into this match after defeating India Women by 4 wickets.
- In that match except Ellyse Perry, no player had scored minimums runs.
- Ashleigh Gardner had scored 22 runs off 14 balls.
- In the bowling unit, Ellyse Perry had clinched 4 wickets, Tayla Vlaeminck had bagged 3 wickets.
- whereas Megan Schutt and Jess Jonassen had taken 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUSTRALIA WOMEN
Alyssa Healy (WK), Beth Mooney, Ashleigh Gardner, Meg Lanning (C), Ellyse Perry, Rachel Haynes, Jess Jonassen, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham, Tayla Vlaeminck, Megan Schutt.
- India Women are hereafter losing a match against Australia Women by 4 wickets.
- In that match, Shafali Verma had disappointed with her performance.
- Smriti Mandhana had looked good with her 35 runs 23 in balls.
- Harmanpreet Kaur is ok with her 28 runs in 32 balls.
- Coming to the bowling unit Rajeshwari Gayakwad had taken 2 wickets
- except Harmanpreet Kaur every bowler had picked 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA WOMEN
Shafali Verma, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Veda Krishnamurthy, Taniya Bhatia (WK), Deepti Sharma, Shikha Pandey, Arundhati Reddy, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad.
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall Matches – 15
- Australia Women Won – 11
- India Women Won – 3
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
- Australia Women – W W W L W
- India Women – L W W W W
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
- Australia Women – Ellyse Perry, Tayla Vlaeminck, Jess Jonassen, Annabel, Sutherland
- India Women – Smriti Mandhana, Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma
- TV – Sony ESPN, Fox Sports, Sky Sports Cricket, OSN Sports Cricket, Willow TV
- Live streaming – Hotstar
- Match Timings – 8:40 AM / 03:10 AMGMT / 02:10 PM LOCAL
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
Basing on the previous and present stats Australia Women is on the upper hand. India may fight hard but back the home side to put up another strong performance and clinch a victory.